[RFC 0/2] btf_encoder: Detect kernel modules

hi,
adding support to detect kernel module and use its
mcount_loc section data as function filter.

It's working on my setup, but I fear there might be
kernel configuration where it could fail.

I'm mostly worried about the assumption that there's
always relocation section '.rela__mcount_loc' for
'__mcount_loc' section in kernel modules.

And because the relocation changes addresses, we need
to be sure we compare relative or relocated addresses.

I still need to double check scripts/recordmcount.c
to be sure about that.

Any testing feedback would be great.

thanks,
jirka

---
Jiri Olsa (2):
      btf_encoder: Factor filter_functions function
      btf_encoder: Detect kernel module ftrace addresses

 dutil.h       |   2 ++