Re: option for printing all matching function names

Em Wed, May 05, 2010 at 05:15:20PM +0530, Rakesh Pandit escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> If we are using pfunct right with option --function, it prints the
> first matched function name. This does not satisfy those cases where
> object file has more then one functions with same name. I would like
> it to print all matching cases not just the first one. Would it be
> acceptable ? Or if it is not acceptable as it may break few scripts
> written by users which are consuming the tool. An alternate
> implementation could be if supplied with an extra option print all
> matches and by default just print first one.
>
> Suggestions ? If any of above to is acceptable I can straight right
> down a patch accordingly.

well, if you say something like:

pfunct --function do_read --all-units

Meaning that it will print something like:

obj_foo: void do_read(char buffer);
obj_bar: int do_read(char bf, int size);
obj_baz: size_t do_read(int fd, char buf, int ln);

Its useful, send the patch :-)

- Arnaldo