Re: Video option for a big endian machine?

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 3:53 AM,  <lausgans@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm looking for a PCI or AGP video card that would work on a Linux port for a big endian architecture (HP PA-RISC). Unfortunately the stock video options (ATI FireGL X1 and X3) give an incredibly slow unaccelerated 2D due to failure to kickstart the command processor (radeon open source driver). Neither folks from linux-parisc@ nor from dri-devel@ camps know how to fix this.

The X1 and X3 are really old asics and the risc specific versions
tended to have special firmware for that platform that the open driver
does not handle properly.  You might have better luck using a more
modern GPU (e.g., an R5xx or newer based asic) with an x86 vbios.

Alex