Re: Missing amdgpu firmware files

Well that's strange. Essentially those are just duplicates to the existing files and the driver should fallback to them.

IIRC the radeon/*_sdma1.bin files are only requested when you try to use CIK support with amdgpu which isn't a good idea in a production environment.

What's the link for the bug reports? It's most likely just people trying to use the driver with hardware which it isn't supposed to be used with.

We probably should either remove CIK support totally from the amdgpu or add all the files to the firmware repository.

Regards,
Christian.