Re: Some issues with the new amdgpu driver

On 05/09/2015 03:34 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On 09.05.2015 11:44, Brian Paterni wrote:

>>> I don't think that would help.
>>>
>>> Does the attached xf86-video-amdgpu patch fix the problem?
>>>
>>> If not, you can manually load the glamoregl module in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>>> to pull in libgbm:
>>>
>>> Section "Module"
>>> 	Load	"glamoregl"
>>> EndSection
>>>

>> Hi Michel, thanks for the reply. I got around to recompiling the stack
>> from the latest trees as noted by Alex earlier. However, I'm afraid
>> something may have changed recently and I may be needing a newer xserver
>> after all. Loading amdgpu_drv.so now results in:
>>
>> [  1122.347] (EE) module ABI major version (19) doesn't match the
>> server's version (18)
>
> That just means the driver it's trying to load wasn't built against the
> same version of xserver. Make sure the xf86-video-amdgpu build is
> picking up the xorg-server.pc and header files of the same version of
> xserver you're trying to run.

Oops! Looks like I forgot to cc the mailing list.

I think my version mismatch issues above may have been resolved by a
recent upload of xserver-xorg-core 2:1.17.1-2 to debian unstable(?)...

As a result, I could finally test Michel's patch, and I am happy to say
that X via amdgpu is now working for me! Thanks to Michel! :)

However, the two additional issues mentioned in my initial post are
still present:

*) Non-working DVI-I-0 -- even if I use xrandr to turn it off and on
again, a signal is never acquired.

*) System lockup on xen boot (even magic sysrq is not recognized)