Fwd: Softlockup on boot with Cape Verde XT on many kernels

Booting with nomodeset disables the graphics drivers so if you are
still getting problems, it may a hardware problem.  Can you attach
your full dmesg and lspci output?  Are you disabling the onboard
graphics when enabling the external dGPU?

Alex

I wasn't sure if you meant attaching to this response.

I was able to boot with nomodeset into Ubuntu 15.04's image. I get to a graphic log in screen, but I also get some errors in the kernel log

[drm:radeon_init] *ERROR* No UMS support in radeon module!

Which seems by design so I assume the VESA driver was in use.

I will try to boot Ubuntu 14.10 live image with nomodeset to see if I can get some error messages there.