Re: looking for i915 direct programming sample application

Hi,

did some  more research. Is the following correct?
-OpenCL is not yet supported for Intel GPU on Linux
-i915 driver can be accessed by opening /sys/devices/pci/0000:00:02.0/device and ioctling it?
Next I have to learn about output from GPU. In some docs I could read direct access to the graphics aperture from CPU is blocked by the hardware. I guess the output of GPU EUs must end up in the framebuffer. I need to learn how to create and read framebuffer devices.
BR,

Gabor Bereczki

Hello i915 Community,

I am looking after a "Hello world!" like simple skeleton program, from which I could learn how to open the GPU device, how to set up memories, etc, how to pass and execute ringbuffer. How to check resulting frame buffer. I guess there could be such user space application, that is used e.g for testing the driver.

Why am I asking for such a weird thing? Why isnt OpenCL , Mesa or Cairo good for me?

Well, first of all I am a machine code enthusiast and would love to run my own handcrafted code on the EUs. :)
Second, I am investigating if I could optimize traditional telecom algorithms to the Intel GPU. Stuff like FFT, DFT, Goertzel , Czebishev filters and so on.
(and yes I am checking  OpenCL, too)
Your help, as always, is very much appreciated.
With regards,

Gabor Bereczki