Re: OMAPDSS: omap5 SYNC_LOST error with DPI/LCD

Hi Tomi,

How could I confirm for OMAP5 DPI support apart form enabling CONFIG_OMAP2_DSS_DPI and CONFIG_PANEL_GENERIC_DPI? Enabling mentioned config builds components from Kernel\drivers\video\omap2\dss and kernel\drivers\video\omap2\displays only.  Is there any support needs to be available under kernel\arch\arm\mach-omap2?

Regards,
Vikash

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 4:49 PM, Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@xxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/05/14 13:07, Vikas Patil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on to enable the second display output for customized OMAP5
> based platform and linux 3.4.25. First display which is HDMI/tv is
> working fine. Second display out is coming via DPI interface. To enable
> DPI interface I enabled CONFIG_OMAP2_DSS_DPI and
> CONFIG_PANEL_GENERIC_DPI and added that in omap_dss_device and
> omap_dss_board_info and removed the HDMI device and disabled
> CONFIG_OMAP5_DSS_HDMI. With his kernel seems to be booting correctly,
> however when I try to run kmscube app and it seems to be running,
> noticing following error and till now nothing on display.

Does the kernel have support for OMAP5 DPI? I remember there were some
bits that had to be added to make it work.

 Tomi