Re: drm-misc migration to Gitlab server

On 12/03/2024 13:56, Maxime Ripard wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 09:49:25AM +0100, Maxime Ripard wrote:
## Changing the default location repo

Dim gets its repos list in the drm-rerere nightly.conf file. We will
need to change that file to match the gitlab repo, and drop the old cgit
URLs to avoid people pushing to the wrong place once the transition is
made.

I guess the next merge window is a good time to do so, it's usually a
quiet time for us and a small disruption would be easier to handle. I'll
be off-duty during that time too, so I'll have time to handle any
complication.

## Updating the documentation

The documentation currently mentions the old process to request a
drm-misc access. It will all go through Gitlab now, so it will change a
few things. We will also need to update and move the issue template to
the new repo to maintain consistency.

I would expect the transition (if everything goes smoothly) to occur in
the merge-window time frame (11/03 -> 24/03).

The transition just happened. The main drm-misc repo is now on gitlab,
with the old cgit repo being setup as a mirror.

If there's any issue accessing that gitlab repo, please let me know.

No issues accessing the repo just a slight confusion and how to handle the workflow. More specifically, if I have a patch which wants to be merged to drm-misc-next, is the mailing list based worklflow still the way to go, or I should create a merge request, or I should apply for commit access via some new method other than adding permissions to my legacy fdo ssh account?

Regards,

Tvrtko