drm: Stable identification of connectors?

Hi,

I’m pretty new to DRM/DRI and wonder if there is a way to have a stable identification of connectors across changes in the Linux kernel and/or in the devicetree?

Our hardware contains an iMX8QM with two displays, each one connected to a MIPI-DSI channel. We use kernel 6.1.38.

In the output of “modetest -c” the connectors are called LVDS-1 and LVDS-2. These names are built in modetest.c from connector_type and connector_type_id.

connector_type_id is set in the kernel in drivers/gpu/drm/drm_connector.c in __drm_connector_init():

       connector->connector_type_id =
              ida_alloc_min(connector_ida, 1, GFP_KERNEL);

Seems to me that this number depends on initialization order only. Is there any other way to identify a connector?

If not, will the type_id be stable as long as we don’t change the kernel version and the device tree?

Best Regards,

Joerg Albert

+491747384960

We move the world for the better through technology and engineering.

www.iav.com | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn | Xing | YouTube

IAV GmbH Ingenieurgesellschaft Auto und Verkehr; Sitz/Registered Office: Berlin; Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg (Berlin); Registernummer/Company Registration Number: HRB 21 280 B; Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Joerg Astalosch, Martin Mahlke, Dr. Uwe Horn; Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Nikolai Ardey
Datenschutzhinweise/Privacy Policy