Re: [Linaro-mm-sig] CDF discussions at FOSDEM

Hi Luc,

On Tuesday 29 January 2013 12:47:16 Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:27:15PM +0100, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > On Monday 21 January 2013 13:43:27 Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > > I've sent a mail to the FOSDEM organizers to request a hacking room for
> > > a couple of hours Sunday. I'll let you know as soon as I get a reply.
> >
> > Just a quick follow-up. I've received information from the FOSDEM staff,
> > there will be hacking rooms that can be reserved (on-site only) for 1h
> > slots. They unfortunately won't have projectors, as they're not meant for
> > talks.
> >
> > Another option would be to start early on Saturday, the X.org room is
> > reported as beeing free from 9am to 11am.
>
> As the organizer of the X.org devroom, i would have to state that the
> latter is impossible. I tend to do a bit of room set-up, like put in
> some power bars (a limited amount this year, as i only have been given
> one day and it simply is not worth putting in the cabling for 100
> sockets, and dragging all that kit over from Nuremberg, for just a
> single day) and some other things. I need one hour at least for that on
> saturday morning.

No worries. It was just an idea.

> DevRooms are also not supposed to open before 11:00 (which is already a
> massive improvement over 2011 and the years before, where i was happy
> to be able to put the cabling in at 12:00), and i tend to first get a
> nod of approval from the on-site devrooms supervisor before i go in and
> set up the room.
>
> So use the hackingroom this year. Things will hopefully be better next
> year.

Saturday is pretty much out of question, given that most developers interested
in CDF will want to attend the X.org talks. I'll try to get a room for Sunday
then, but I'm not sure yet what time slots will be available. It would be
helpful if people interested in CDF discussions could tell me at what time
they plan to leave Brussels on Sunday.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart