Re: Access the intel graphic card via libdrm

On Tue, Oct 02, 2018 at 12:27:02PM +0200, Horst Balthasar wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> as a software developer at the company "imed medical" in Neu-Ulm" I am
> working with the intel graphics driver
>
> under Debian.
>
> The aim is to output continuous 2D images with the "libdrm" graphic library
> on the screen. We use the Intel i915 driver.
>
> Since I'm not so familiar with the Intel graphics driver (framebuffer, DRM)
> unter Debian, I would be verry happy about tips
>
> and examples to get familiar with this topic.
>
> I have already downloaded, compiled and installed the libdrm 2.4.94. I have
> also implemented the examples from 'modeset'
>
> and I am able to display a png file on the screen.
>
> But to process the images afterwards, we need access to the GPU, maybe GEM
> ??? Are there any examples or docs to help
>
> me get used it?

For a simple bare-metal (i.e. no compositor/desktop environment like X,
wayland or similar) look at kmscube. Contains everything you need for
accelarated rendering with just the kernel. Plus mesa, but you really,
really, really don't want to write your own rendering driver :-)

https://github.com/robclark/kmscube

Cheers, Daniel

> Thank you very much.
>

> Bests regards,
>

> Horst Balthasar
>

> Horst Balthasar
> Software-Entwickler Medizintechnik
>
> --
> imed medical GmbH
> Friedrichshafener Strasse 7
> D-89079 Ulm
>
> Standort Neu-Ulm
> Marlene-Dietrich-Strasse 5
> D-89231 Neu-Ulm
>
> Fon      +49 (0)731 1411 179-6
> Fax      +49 (0)731 1411 6513
> Zentrale +49 (0)731 1411 179-0
> Web      www.imed-medical.de
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ulm Württemberg | Registergericht Ulm | HRB 730620 | Geschäftsführer: Benedikt Schmalz,
> Stefan Schmalz-Conrad
>
> Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich und enthält gesetzlich geschützte Informationen.
> Wenn Sie NICHT der rechtmäßige Empfänger oder einer seiner Mitarbeiter sind, dürfen Sie den Inhalt WEDER lesen,
> kopieren, verbreiten NOCH nutzen.
> Sollten Sie diese E-Mail versehentlich erhalten haben, senden Sie sie bitte an uns zurück und löschen Sie
> sie anschließend dauerhaft. Vielen Dank.

Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
http://blog.ffwll.ch