Re: Number of device supported per system image

Hi Dave,

Thank you for reply. I have hybrid code(MPI,OpenMP, multiGPU). I have resource allocation with SGI system. It is 1024 cores NUMA system. For now, It has only 8 GPUs attached because of NVIDIA driver limitation. If Nouveau supports more than 8 GPUs then we like to attach our 8 spare GPUs to same system. Let me know, if you some ideas about this issue. Thank you again

I forgot one thing, this it is a single system image. Only one OS instance is running on it.

Thanks
Jayraj

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM, jayraj shah <jayraj.shah33@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am newbie to this project. I wondering about how many GPU devices
> supported per system using this driver. I know about NVIDIA, which is 8. I
> talked with them and they do not have any plan to support more than 8 in
> near future.

I think we coded 16 somewhere in the kernel, but the problem is
generally you run out of PCI address space to put the BARs for that
many cards anyways, but even then you won't get acceleration across
more than one card.

Dave.

--
Thanks