RFC: Radeon multi ring support branch

Hello everybody,

to support multiple compute rings, async DMA engines and UVD we need to teach the radeon kernel module how to sync buffers between different rings and make some changes to the command submission ioctls.

Since we can't release any documentation about async DMA or UVD (yet), my current branch concentrates on getting the additional compute rings on cayman running. Unfortunately those rings have hardware bugs that can't be worked around, so they are actually not very useful in a production environment, but they should do quite well for this testing purpose.

The branch can be found here: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~deathsimple/linux/log/

Since some of the patches are quite intrusive, constantly rebaseing them could get a bit painful. So I would like to see most of the stuff included into drm-next, even if we don't make use of the new functionality right now.

Comments welcome,
Christian.