Re: [ANN] HDMI CEC Status Update

On 05/30/2017 05:42 PM, Clint Taylor wrote:

On 05/29/2017 11:53 PM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
For those who are interested in HDMI CEC support I made a little status
document that I intend to keep up to date:

https://hverkuil.home.xs4all.nl/cec-status.txt

My goal is to get CEC supported for any mainlined HDMI driver where
the hardware
supports CEC.

If anyone is working on a CEC driver that I don't know already about,
just drop
me an email so I can update the status.

I also started maintaining a list of DisplayPort to HDMI adapters that
support
CEC. If you have one that works and is not on the list, then please
let me know.
Seeing /dev/cecX is not enough, some adapters do not connect the CEC
pin, so they
won't be able to detect any other CEC devices. See the test
instructions in the
cec-status.txt file on how to make sure the adapter has a working CEC
pin. I
plan to do some more testing this week, so hopefully the list will
expand.

Would you also like a list of known USB-C->HDMI adapters that do not
work? I have a couple that advertise support at DPCD 0x3000 but are not
wired correctly.

Yes please. I was thinking about creating such a list as well.

Regards,

	Hans