Re: RFC: hardware accelerated bitblt using dma engine

On 03.08.2016 11:24, Marek Szyprowski wrote:

Hi,

> I'm working now on something similar, but more generic. There is
> already a framework for picture processing (converting, scaling,
> blitting, rotating) in Exynos DRM.

In DRM, not v4l ? Hmm, interesting.

On mx5/mx6 we've got an IPU, which is accessible via v4l, eg.for
colorspace conversion, jpeg encode/decode, rotation, etc.
(anyone of the involved folks @ptx here on the list ?)

Yet another overlap between DRM and V4L (IMHO, seems to be a matter of
perspective of perspective and usecases, where to put such stuff in)

By the way: what's the status of sharing buffers between DRM and V4L ?
I could also live with having such an hw-based image-copy operation
living within v4l, when they're operating on the the same buffers.

> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.samsung-soc/49743

seems to be offline

> I plan to propose an API based on DRM object/properties, which will be
> similar to KMS atomic API. I will let you know when I have it ready for
> presenting in public.

hmm, I'm getting curious ...

--mtx