Re: Looking for pointers on diagnosing ring test failure in amdgpu

Hi Matthew,

sounds like the UVD block doesn't want to initialize. No idea off hand why, could be anything. I would need the hardware here for a closer inspection.

For a workaround you can try to disable the UVD blokc using the ip_block_mask module parameter (it's a bitmask of enabled blocks e.g. 0xffffffff means all blocks enabled, UVD is bit 7 on Carrizo IIRC).

Regards,
Christian.