Re: omap4: how to get the HDMI core IRQ?

Hi Tomi,

On 03/30/2016 03:37 AM, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
Hi Hans,

On 24/03/16 23:20, Hans Verkuil wrote:
Hi Tomi,

I hope you (or someone else on this list) can help me find the problem in this code.

I am working on a kernel framework for HDMI CEC (see https://lwn.net/Articles/680942/).
In order to get as much experience with different devices as possible I am trying to
implement it on my omap4430 Pandaboard. The big problem I am facing is that the CEC
interrupts come in through the HDMI_IRQ_CORE interrupt, and that just refuses to
trigger.

The code below adds support for this core interrupt and it is supposed to trigger it
using the Software Induced interrupt to keep the code as simple as possible.

So this irq is just for testing?

Yes, that was the easiest way to check the core irq without requiring lots of other changes.

On boot I get this debug line from the pr_info in my code:

irqstat 02000000 wp_irq 06000001 raw 20010000 intr_state 00000001 intr1 00000080 unmask1 00000080 intr_ctrl 0000000a

As far as I can see everything looks perfectly fine, except for the fact that bit 0
of the irqstat is stubbornly 0.

This is using kernel 4.5 with only this patch applied.

What am I missing?

Set SYS_CTRL1:PD to 1 (I presume you have the NDA HDMI TRM?).

Yes, I have it.

Apparently we set it always to 0 in
hdmi4_core.c:hdmi_core_powerdown_disable(), but never enable it. I guess
it only affects core irqs, so there have been no side effects.

But it would make sense to either have a matching call in the enable
path, or then just set it to 0 when initializing the IP.

I think it should be set in hdmi_core_video_config(). It sets other SYS_CTRL1 bits there as
well, and that is probably why I missed it. I just never realized that the PD bit wasn't set
there.

Thank you very much! I'm abroad right now, but once I'm back I'll test this first thing.

The reward for the right answer will be HDMI CEC support for omap4 (and any other TI device
with the same CEC IP).

Ok. When is it ready? ;)

Once I get the irq working the omap4 support should be ready very quickly, getting the CEC framework
merged takes a bit longer, but I am aiming for kernel 4.7 pending some final tests. I'm cross-posting
the patch series to dri-devel, so with luck when I post v15 it will have an omap4 driver as well.

Regards,

	Hans