Re: [Patch v4 08/10] mtd: rawnand: lpx32xx: Request DMA channels using DT entries

On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 8:39 AM Miquel Raynal <miquel.raynal@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I don't see any change regarding the NAND controller node in the device
> > > tree, is there any dependency with other patches from the same patchset
> > > or may I apply this directly to nand/next?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Miquèl
> >
> > Yes, this patch depends on "[v4,04/10] ARM: dts: lpc32xx: Add missing
> > dma and i2s properties"
> > which will be splitted into two or more separate patches per request
> > in the comments.
> > I'd like to keep driver changes and corresponding changes in DTS in
> > the same patch
> > but I've made a separate patch for DTS per request from v2 of the patch set.
>
> These changes won't be applied to the same tries so they must be split.
>
> So I will not take this patch for the next merge window and instead
> will take it for the one after, if the DT patches have been applied.
> Please ping me at -rc1 again if the DT patches have gone through.
>
> Thanks,
> Miquèl

Hi Miquèl, please check v5 of the patch, I've added fallback if a DMA can't be
requested using DT, this is backward compatible with platform data and no
longer depends on the DT changes.
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linuxppc-dev/patch/20240627150046.258795-11-piotr.wojtaszczyk@xxxxxxxxxxx/

--
Piotr Wojtaszczyk
Timesys

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux PCI]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]