Re: dmaengine: CPU stalls while loading bluetooth module

On 20.03.24 01:49, bumyong.lee wrote:

>>> I couldn't find better way now.
>>> I think it's better to follow you mentioned
>>
>> 6.8 is out, but that issue afaics was not resolved, so allow me to ask:
>> did "submit a revert" fell through the cracks or is there some other
>> solution in the works? Or am I missing something?
>
> "submit a revert" would fix the issue. but it would make another issue
> that the errata[1] 719340 described.

"Make" as it "that other issue was present before the culprit was
applied"? Then that other issue does not matter due to the "no
regression" rule and how Linus afaics wants to see it applied in
practice. For details on the latter, see the quotes from him here:
https://docs.kernel.org/process/handling-regressions.html
 Hence please submit a revert (or tell me if I misunderstood something)
-- or of course a workaround for the other issue that does not cause the
regression people reported.

> [...]
> [1]: https://developer.arm.com/documentation/genc008428/latest

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux PCI]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]