Re: Question: partial transfers of DMABUFs

Le mercredi 15 février 2023 à 13:13 +0100, Maarten Lankhorst a écrit :

> On 2023-02-15 13:00, Paul Cercueil wrote:
> > Hi Maarten,
> >
> > Le mercredi 15 février 2023 à 12:52 +0100, Maarten Lankhorst a
> > écrit :
> > > Hey,

> > > This doesn't have to happen through DMA-BUF. Presumably you are
> > > both
> > > the
> > > importer and the exporter, so after you know how much is read,
> > > you
> > > can
> > > tell this to the importer that X number of bytes can be read from
> > > DMA-BUF Y.
> > Yes, I do that already as it is an argument in my ioctl.
> >
> > > In your case, when enqueing you will get a full SG list, but if
> > > you
> > > know
> > > only X bytes are read/written you only have to map the first X
> > > bytes
> > > your IIO device. The rest of the SG list could be ignored safely.
> > Yes. But I don't know how to "ignore the rest of the SG list".
> >
> > - dma_buf_map_attachment() does not have a parameter to specify
> > that I
> > only need the first X bytes mapped;
> >
> > - if I map the whole thing, dmaengine_prep_slave_sg() does not have
> > an
> > option to specify that I only want the first X bytes transferred.
>
> sg_split apppears to allow you to split it? I'm not 100% sure whether
> it
> leaves the original SG untouched, but you can try to put it in
> between
> those 2 calls to get a smaller SG to pass to prep_slave_sg.

I overlooked sg_split. It looks like it could work for me.

Thanks!

Cheers,
-Paul

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux PCI]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]