Re: [RFC v3 7/7] dmaengine: Add Synopsys eDMA IP test and sample driver

On 15/01/2019 05:45, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:44:22AM +0000, Gustavo Pimentel wrote:

>>> Hmm... This doesn't explain what's wrong with dmatest module.
>>
>> There isn't anything wrong with dmatest module, that I know of. In beginning I
>> was planning to used it, however only works with MEM_TO_MEM transfers, that's
>> why I created a similar module but for MEM_TO_DEV and DEV_TO_MEM with
>> scatter-gather and cyclic transfers type for my use case. I don't know if can be
>> applied to other cases, if that is feasible, I'm glad to share it.
>
> What I'm trying to tell is that the dmatest driver would be nice to have such
> capability.

At the beginning I thought to add those features to dmatest module, but because
of several points such as:
 - I didn't want, by any chance, to broke dmatest module while implementing the
support of those new features;
 - Since I'm still gaining knowledge about this subsystem I preferred to do in a
more controlled environment;
 - Since this driver is also a reference driver aim to teach and to be use by
someone how to use the dmaengine API, I preferred to keep it simple.

Maybe in the future both modules could be merged in just one tool, but for now I
would prefer to keep it separated specially to fix any immaturity error of this
module.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux PCI]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]