mmp_pdma and hot chaining

Hi Daniel and Zhangfei,

I have resumed my work on marvell dma engine support, in order to have
pxa_camera working with it.

For reference, it is described in Documentation/video4linux/pxa_camera.txt, and
was already discussed in [1].

What I'll need to do is have a dma driver which :
 - upon tx_submit tries to "hot chain" the transmission
   And doesn't attemp to queue a new tx in the tasklet.

 - upon dma completion interrupt calls each terminated tx->complete() function,
   and not only the first tx's one

 - can tell me if a channel is still running or is stopped

As I have these constraints, I have 2 choices :
 1) develop a new pxa_dma.c, which will have some common code with mmp_pdma.c
 2) amend mmp_pdma

The issue with (2) is that it might break existing drivers using the paradigm
that "only the first tx is signaled".

Therefore I'm hesitating between (1) and (2), and need to know beforehand which
path to choose, as I don't want to be told once my work is done that I should
trash it (in which case I prefer begin with (1) directly).

Cheers.

--
Robert

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2013-August/047965.html