Re: Issues with running dmatest

On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 00:22 -0700, GIRISH HALADY wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>        Thanks for the reply. Apologize for the delay in getting back.

Please, reply in line next time (no top postings).

>  I did try the step that you mentioned:
>

> zynq> ls -1 /sys/class/dma/
> dma0chan0
> dma0chan1
> dma0chan2
> dma0chan3
> dma0chan4
> dma0chan5
> dma0chan6
> dma0chan7
>

> Looks like all the 8 channels of PL330 are supported.

Okay, what about grep -H . /sys/class/dma/*/in_use ?

Moreover, try to compile kernel with DYNAMIC_DEBUG=y and boot with
dmaengine.dyndbg appended to your kernel command line.

> But as I said earlier, neither the kernel module method, nor the
> built-in command method seems to work.
>

> zynq> modprobe dmatest channel=dma0chan0 timeout=2000 iterations=1 run
> 1
> modprobe: chdir(3.14.0-xilinx-dirty): No such file or directory

grep DMA .config ?

> zynq> dmatest.channel=dma0chan0 dmatest.timeout=2000
> dmatest.iterations=1 dmates
> t.run=1
> -/bin/ash: dmatest.channel=dma0chan0: not found

I didn't get what you are trying to do with above.

> Please suggest what needs to be changed to get this test to work.

So, currently I didn't see the problem with dmatest module, but rather
with your kernel and/or environment configuration.

--
Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxx>
Intel Finland Oy