dmstats seperate read / write latencies

Hi developers

To measure I/O latencies of mapped devices, I see that we can use
dmstats. From the manpage [1] and from my tests, it seems like
latencies are not reported for read and write ops separately. I
checked dm_stat_for_entry() and it looks like we disregard the I/O
direction when tallying in the histogram.

So is it correct that dmstats only tracks and reports combined
latencies? Is there a way to measure read and write latency
percentiles individually?

Thank you
Robert Pang

[1] https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man8/dmstats.8.html