Re: dm crypt: initialize tasklet in crypt_io_init()

Hi,

On 3/7/2023 3:31 AM, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06 2023 at  8:49P -0500,
> Hou Tao <houtao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> From: Hou Tao <houtao1@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> When neither no_read_workqueue nor no_write_workqueue are enabled,
>> tasklet_trylock() in crypt_dec_pending() may still return false due to
>> an uninitialized state, and dm-crypt will do io completion in io_queue
>> instead of current context unnecessarily.
> Have you actually experienced this?
Yes. I had written a bpftrace script to check the completion context of
blkdev_bio_end_io_simple() when doing direct io read on dm-crypt device. The
expected context should be unbound workers of crypt_queue, but sometimes the
context is the bound worker of io_queue.

>> Fix it by initializing io->tasklet in crypt_io_init().
> Really would rather avoid always calling tasklet_init(). But I can
> optimize it away with a later patch.
My first though was "io->tasklet.state = 0", but it may be fragile because it
operated on the internal status of tasklet, so I switch to tasklet_init().