Re: dm-crypt: reexport sysfs of kcryptd workqueue

在 2023/2/28 4:56, Mike Snitzer 写道:
On Wed, Feb 22 2023 at 10:18P -0500,
yangerkun <yangerkun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: yangerkun <yangerkun@xxxxxxxxxx>

'a2b8b2d97567 ("dm crypt: export sysfs of kcryptd workqueue")' give us
idea to set specific CPU or limit max_active crypt work. However sysfs
will report a warnning and fail 'cryptsetup refresh test' since the
reload will alloc workqueue with same sysfs name, and we temporarily
revert this feature to fix the problem.

What we actually should do is give a unique name once we try reload
table, we can use ida now.

This header needs to be rewritten to deal directly with the fact:
1) Commit 48b0777cd93d (Revert "dm crypt: export sysfs of kcryptd
    workqueue") dealt with what you call "temporarily revert".
2) Great that you fixed it using IDA but you still haven't clearly
    explained the benefit of exposing this sysfs interface (please add
    details on which userspace is consuming it). I suppose you could
    explain by referring to commit a2b8b2d975673 (that was reverted)?

Thanks a lot, will do it next version.

Thanks,
Mike