Re: NetAPP AFF A220 - Debian - multipathing setup

* Thomas Glanzmann <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [230222 14:15]:
> Hello,
> I have Debian bullseye connected to an AFF A220 NetApp iSCSI target with
> ALUA enabled. I see two paths, however multipathd doesn't seem to
> configure a multipath device for the two paths. Find the output of the
> following commands here:

> multipath -T

>   find_multipaths "strict"

Per multipath.conf(5):

| strict    Both multipath and multipathd treat only such devices as multipath devices which have been
|           part of a multipath map previously, and which are  therefore  listed  in  the  wwids_file.
|           Users can manually set up multipath maps using the multipathd add map command. Once set up
|           manually, the map is remembered in the wwids file and will be set up automatically in  the
|           future.

I would guess your wwids/bindings files are empty, and thus you need to
follow the advice in the manpage: use multipathd add map, or maybe
multipath -a.

If you decide to change find_multipaths, I would suggest verifying
that your resulting setup works across reboots, etc.

By the way, I think the current recommendation for modern NetApp
platforms is `prio "alua"`, not `ontap`. Would be good if NetApp
would confirm this somehow/somewhere.

Best,
Chris