Re: RAID4 with no striping mode request

> hi DM and Linux-RAID,
> There have been multiple proprietary solutions (some nearly 20 years
> old now) with a number of (userspace) bugs that are becoming untenable
> for me as an end user. Basically how they work is a closed MD module
> (typically administered through DM) that uses RAID4 for a dedicated
> parity disk across multiple other disks.

You need to explain what you want in *much* beter detail.  Give simple
concrete examples.  From the sound of it, you want RAID6 but with
RAID4 dedicated Parity so you can spin down some of the data disks in
the array?  But if need be, spin up idle disks to recover data if you
lose an active disk?

Really hard to understand what exactly you're looking for here.