Re: dm-verity with GPT

On Mon, 19 Sep 2022, Pra.. Dew.. wrote:

> Thank you Mikulas. I just want to make sure I understand what you are
> saying. Currently we making a dm-linear, dm-verity, dm-linear target; if
> I understand you right you are suggesting to make it a dm-veriy,
> dm-linear, dm-linear target? Of course the 2nd dm-linear target will
> have LBAs before dm-verity target. Did I get this right?

I mean this: create a first dm device with only the dm-verity target in
the table.

Then, create a second dm device that has only the dm-linear target that
points to the first device in the table.

Then, create a third device that has three linear devices in the table - a
GPT beginning, a second dm device, and a GPT end.

Mikulas