Re: Location for the definition of dm_task

Dne 12. 09. 22 v 7:55 Pra.. Dew.. napsal(a):

I see that in libdevmapper.c following line is defined

struct dm_task *dmt;

I cannot seem to find out where is dm_task and associated functions are actually defined? I do not see them in the libdevmapper library headers and .c files. Thank you for all the guidance.

Hi

This structure is private to libdevmapper only usage.  Access to  struct members is provided only via  public functions.

You  can always look at source files  - libdm/ioctl/libdm-targets.h  -  but as mentioned earlier - forget about using a copy of this struct in your tools - there is only public access - as the structure content may freely change between release of libdevmapper - which would have made you binary incompatible.

Regards

Zdenek