Re: [LSF/MM/BFP ATTEND] [LSF/MM/BFP TOPIC] Storage: Copy Offload

On 11/16/21 05:43, Javier González wrote:
            - Here, we need copy emulation to support encryption without dealing with HW issues and garbage

Hi Javier,

Thanks very much for having taken notes and also for having shared these. Regarding the above comment, after the meeting I learned that the above is not correct. Encryption in Android is LBA independent and hence it should be possible to offload F2FS garbage collection in Android once the (UFS) storage controller supports this.

For the general case, I propose to let the dm-crypt driver decide whether or not to offload data copying since that driver knows whether or not data copying can be offloaded.

Thanks,

Bart.