Setting up dm-integrity for raid

It's a bit quiet in here, isn't it? :-)

I'm building a system (which I plan to document for the linux raid
wiki), and I'm wondering what to do. Unfortunately, "man
integritysetup", like so much documentation, is clear as mud to a newbie.

I've currently got /dev/sdb3 formatting away. Will this make a device
appear in /dev? Do I need to do an "integritysetup open" to create the
device so I can pass it to "mdadm --create"? Will that device survive a
reboot, or do I need to put the open command in my startup so that mdadm
can find it?

I guess I will need to sort out adding stuff to mdadm, so that it can
sort it all out for itself, but at the moment it's a case of "as soon as
someone explains it to me, the documentation will become crystal clear" :-)

Cheers,
Wol