Re: data corruption with 'splt' workload to XFS on DM cache with its 3 underlying devices being on same NVMe device

On Tue, 2018-07-24 at 08:00 +0200, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> So, have you tested that request-based multipathing works on a partition
> _at all_? I'm not sure if partition mapping is done correctly here; we
> never remap the start of the request (nor bio, come to speak of it), so
> it looks as if we would be doing the wrong things here.
>
> Have you checked that partition remapping is done correctly?

I think generic_make_request() takes care of partition remapping by calling
blk_partition_remap(). generic_make_request() is called by submit_bio(). Is
that sufficient to cover all dm drivers?

Bart.