Re: [BUG] dm-thin metadata operation failed due to -ENOSPC returned by dm_pool_alloc_data_block() after processing DISCARD bios

Dne 3.4.2018 v 11:31 Zdenek Kabelac napsal(a):
Dne 3.4.2018 v 06:07 Dennis Yang napsal(a):
Hi,

Recently we have came across an issue that dm-thin pool will be
switched to READ_ONLY mode because dm_pool_alloc_data_block() returns
-ENOSPC. AFAIK, this should not happen since alloc_data_block() will
check if there is any free space (and commit metadata if it first
reports no free space) before it allocates pool block. In addition,
total virtual space of all thin volumes is smaller than the pool
physical space in my testing environment which makes pool impossible
to run out of space.

Hi

Which kernel has been used during testing - was this upstream ?
(4.16??)

Ahh - wrongly applied fstrim - yep reproducible even on this smaller data set.

I'll open BZ case for this.

Regards

Zdenek