Re: Question about multipath device compiled defaults

Hi Brian,

On 01/20/2016 02:15 PM, Brian Bunker wrote:
Any ideas how long it typically takes the distros like RHEL, etc. to
pull these changes down, or do they need to be pinged explicitly that
there are changes available that we want them to consider?

It's a good idea to let them know (e.g., bug/feature report).
I've worked a bit w/ Ubuntu, RHEL, and SLES.

Even though the changes might eventually make downstream, some distros
won't pull everything (reasonably), but only the pieces they find/know
to be required or desired by users/customers -- specially on released/
stable distro versions.

So, letting them know / ask for consideration usually helps.

--
Mauricio Faria de Oliveira
IBM Linux Technology Center