udev rules do not create partition entries when an lvm lv is partitioned

Yes, I'm aware of all the arguments against even doing this, but I have my reasons for doing it this way.

When you create a partition on an lv:

  sgdisk /dev/vg1/lv1 -n 0:0:0

there is no udev rule to create the partition entry, '/dev/vg1/lv1p1' (for instance). For my immediate use case, this causes ceph-disk to fail as it cannot find the partition as it's expecting to find the device name with a new "1" at the end. Any suggestions on how I could make this happen?