Hibernate/Resume and dm-cache, dm-writeboost...

Hi all,

On the linux-bcache mailing list the potential issue was brought up about writes to backing or caching device after bringing up devices in initramdisk, but prior to an actual resume. The actual issue is that there should be no writes between hibernation and resume:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-bcache/msg02692.html

If this is an issue for bcache, I can imagine it also is for other caching solutions like dm-cache and dm-writeboost. I'm not an expert on this, but from my user perspective it seems somewhat concerning (for both bcache and the DM caching solutions) and an expert view on this might be needed.

Thanks,

Rolf