Re: Unable to deactivate lv, pehaps due to semaphore problem...

Dne 27.11.2014 v 16:36 Gianluca Cecchi napsal(a):
On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Zdenek Kabelac <zkabelac@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:zkabelac@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Ahh - I'd too strict  adblock filter - however passed info is not that useful.
    Prefered output is   'lvchange -vvvv -an'

Thanks!
here it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvellaS1FtVXpqU2c/view?usp=sharing

Well yes - it shows the device is being held open - lvm2 retries to several times if the device does not get close - but it doesn't so it refuses o deactivate.

So if you are sure there is no user - then maybe you have some kpartx partition this device ?

I'd probably need to see your whole 'dmsetup table'
(at least do a grep for VG_AAA_TEMP/LV_AAA_TEMP minor)

    You could 'complete' all cookies older then i.e. 1 minute.
    Nothing should be holding cookie for that long time.

So the command would be

dmsetup udevcomplete_all 1
correct?

Yes