Re: fix corrupted thin pool

Dne 24.10.2014 v 21:59 Vasiliy Tolstov napsal(a):
Hello! By mistake i'm restore by vcfgrestore thin volume, after that i
have errors on this thin pool on all volumes like :
  lvchange -ay vg1/2735
   Thin pool transaction_id=120, while expected: 114.
Does it possible to recovery from this? I'm try lvconvert --recover
and get tp1_tmeta0 but i'm don't understand whan i need to do next..?

Hi

I'm not sure how you could do that 'by a mistake' since LVM is printing pretty BIG WARNING that any vgcfgrestore with thin should be done after big thinking and requires even extra --force option.

But anyway -  if you have  /etc/lvm/archive - you should probably be able to
find the 'right' version of lvm2 metadata for your kernel metadata.

However 'normally' you could be off the sequence number only by one! so
I'm quite curious what you've been able to make such big difference.

If you could - package /etc/lvm/archive so I could get closer look where the lvm2 has holes to allow such operations ?

Which version of lvm2 and kernel is here in use ?

Have you been manipulating with  thin-pool's metadata in any way ?

Regards

Zdenek