Re: dm-cache module

On 21/03/2010 04:37, Mike Snitzer wrote:
Such a DM target would be quite useful to have upstream given how
prevalent SSDs have become.

I'm totally agree with that.

Just curious: where have you gotten this insight about dm-cache being
stable and used in production?  That should help dm-cache's cause if it
is submitted for review.
Well I wrote to Ming before post here, and found comments about the module in the project OpenFiler which seem to integrate it : https://forums.openfiler.com/viewtopic.php?id=3595

Writeback support is arguably the most useful aspect of a caching DM
target so emphasis must be placed on its review/implementation.  Using
SSD as a persistent writeback cache should afford us much more fault
tolerance in the face of system crashes during writeback to the slower
media.

Yes it's also for the writeback feature I'm interested.

I don't think be enough skilled to help for update the code, but maybe I can do some tests.

Thanks,
Olivier