Re: Manual failback commands

On mar., 2010-02-02 at 16:39 -0800, Scott Dungan wrote:
Hello all.

If we set a device to manual failback, how does one command the
multipathd service to reinstate the path when we have decided the path
is indeed ready to accept IO?

paths are automatically reinstated by multipathd.

The 'failback' parameter means the original path_group is not
re-activated after a switch-over to a secondary path_group.

You can force multipathd to not reinstate a path using the CLI (or
pro-actively disable it).
Thanks for the clarification. I think I understand this better now. Would it be possible to post CLI example(s) of reinstating or disabling a path? I cannot seem to find such an example in documentation or other available resources.

Regards,

-Scott