Re: Shared snapshots

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 04:12:43AM -0500, Mikulas Patocka wrote:

> > > Sorry for a stupid question, but what does "shared" mean? Support for CLVM?
> > >
> > > -- Pasi
> >
> > No, it is not clustered.
> >

> Ok. Do you know if there has been work making snapshots work with CLVM?
>
> I remember there was some patches earlier, but no idea about the status
> of those..

There is kernel support, see
http://people.redhat.com/mpatocka/patches/kernel/all/series.html (the last
section, "Mikulas' clustering"). The patches are old, they may need
conflict resolving.

But there is no userspace support. So, if you set it up manually with
dmsetup and pass it a correct locking ID, it may work.

Mikulas