Re: failover does not work with rdac device handler

Chandra Seetharaman schrieb:
On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 18:09 +0200, Mario Mech wrote:
Hi,

I need help with a similar or even the same issue as in the thread mentioned in the Subject (https://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2008-October/msg00130.html).

My bad. I had some issues during debug and never got back to it.

Will send couple of patches by tomorrow to fix this problem.

That sounds great.

At the moment I'd like to avoid building the multipath package by myself with the patch provided in the afore mentioned thread.

The changes are in kernel code.
Do you have any ideas? Or is a different problem I have.

It is the same problem and I am afraid that you do not have a way out.

May be next version of RHEL might add your device to rdac_dev_list (if
you could do that that would fix the problem).

I assume it's only building new kernel modules for my running 2.6.18-128.1.14.el5. That shouldn't be a big deal.

Every help is appreciated.

All best

Mario

Dr. Mario Mech

Institute for Geophysics and Meteorology
University of Cologne
Zuelpicherstr. 49a
50674 Cologne
Germany