Shell Scripts or Arbitrary Priority Callouts?

Hello, running Centos 5.2 here--

The multipathd daemon is very unhappy with any arbritrary script I
provide for determining priorities. I see some fuzz in the syslog
about ramfs and static binaries.

How do I use shell scripts or arbitrary programs for multipathd? I
compiled a simple program that spits out "1" and it seems to return
appropriately.

Also, why does multipath -ll return the appropriate data, namely
prio=1 (when using my custom statically compiled callout) and
multipath -l always returns prio=0? Is this an indication of a broken
configuration or something else?

Cheers

cc

--
Chris Chen <muffaleta@xxxxxxxxx>
"I want the kind of six pack you can't drink."