Re: merging dm-ioband into Linux

Perhaps it will help people to know that there is a good write-up about how it all works at the end of the patch found at:

It seem interesting to me.  (I'm still reading through the description and haven't started looking at the code.)

Regarding:
+                ioband_device_id
+
+                          The ID number for an ioband device. The same ID
+                        must be set among the ioband devices that share the
+                        same bandwidth, which means they work on the same
+                        physical disk.
... but it doesn't have to be the same physical disk, right?  It could be a group if disks if you felt the need to do something like that, right?  (You could treat a JBOD as one unit.)  Otherwise, you could probably eliminate this field.

brassow