resend - actionable triggers?

Hi,

If I have DM/multipath enabled on a dual path (for the sake of argument: a Fibre Channel LUN) and one of the paths becomes unavailable, there is an event captured in the system log that details which path disappeared (similarly if it reappears).

My question are there any hooks in the mulitpath software that allows me to perform an action when this event triggers?

Barring that, will the path disappear/appear trigger udev rules? This actually is preferable.

Thanks,

Wim