RE: path priorities on Sun's 6140

Am Mo 17 Sep 2007 20:36:32 CEST schrieb James Fillman <JFillman@xxxxxxxxx>:

Ok. So I just realized that if I want to try the new RDAC support, then
I have to install the new beta kernel as well. It includes the RDAC
hardware handler.

I'm under serious pressure to get my cluster up and running asap and I
don't think I want to be installing a bunch of beta packages onto my
production servers. Especially kernels.

Well, I'm pretty sure their competitor has it with SP1 :-)

So this might mean not exploring the RDAC solution. Redhat's docs say
that they support a Sun OpenStorage D280 and our Sun rep says the 6140
is essentially identical. If that's the case, what am I don't wrong?

If you don't have the RDAC hw handler you'll basically have to switch the
array to AVT mode. It works quite well, provided you don't boot the nodes
too often.

Cheers,

Hannes