Re: dm-rdac not working?

* Chandra Seetharaman

In RDAC mode, tur will always fail on the passive path. You do not see
that ?

  No, TUR works completely fine on the passive paths.  Only thing that
 distinguishes a passive path from an active one is that all actual I/O
 fails.  All "meta"-I/O, like TEST UNIT READY, INQUIRY, READ CAPACITY,
 and so on, works fine.

You mean mpath_prio_tpc from 0.4.7 ? I use it all the time in both RDAC
and AVT mode with no issues.

  It works fine, it just prints an error message to stderr "Auto-volume
 Transfer not enabled", which kind of messed up the output from
 multipath -ll.  So there's just cosmetic reasons for using
 mpath_prio_rdac over mpath_prio_tpc.

  root@atalanta:~# /sbin/mpath_prio_tpc /dev/sdg
  Auto-volume Transfer not enabled6
  root@atalanta:~# /usr/local/sbin/mpath_prio_rdac /dev/sdg
  3

oops :)... attached

  Since my problem is fixed by the patch pointed to by Brian De Wolf I
 assume you're no longer interested in this debug.  Tell me if you are.

  Thanks for your help!

Regards
--
Tore Anderson