Re: RH 4 and HSG80

Chandra Seetharaman wrote:
On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 13:11 -0400, Eric Ritchie wrote:
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I don't have /sbin/mpath_prio_hp_sw. I have other mpath_prio files but not the hp one. I guess that means I need a newer version of multipath-tools. How can I upgrade to the latest version?

Try out different mpath_prio's (especially the _tpc one). One of them
_might_ work.
I only have _alua, _emc, _hds_modular and _netapp. None of these work.

Thanks
Eric
Eric

Stefan Bader wrote:
I have no access to HSGs but maybe this generic statements (plus some wisdom from hwtable.c) helps:

First, you are actually forcing multipath-tools to use all paths by stating "multibus" in you multipath section. Everything you put there will replace the defaults and the device sections. Just be minimalistic there. In the latest multipath-tools code there actually is a configuration for "DEC"/"HSG80". From this, does the following
multipath-conf help you?

defaults {
        rr_min_io                       64
        user_friendly_names     yes
}

multipaths {
        multipath {
                wwid    360001fe1000d85f000039341397602d2
                alias   disk1
        }
        multipath {
                wwid    360001fe1000d85f0000393413976024b
                alias   disk2
        }
}

devices {
        device {
                vendor                  "DEC"
                product                 "HSG80"
                path_grouping_policy    group_by_prio
                prio_callout            "/sbin/mpath_prio_hp_sw /dev/%n"
                hardware_handler                "1 hp_sw"
                path_checker            hp_sw
                no_path_retry           5
        }
        device {
                vendor                  "DEC"
                product                 "HSG80    (C) DEC"
                path_grouping_policy    group_by_prio
                prio_callout            "/sbin/mpath_prio_hp_sw /dev/%n"
                hardware_handler                "1 hp_sw"
                path_checker            hp_sw
                no_path_retry           5
        }
}

Mit freundlichem Gruß / Regards,
Stefan Bader

SW Linux on zSeries Development
Stefan.Bader@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen
  When all other means of communication fail, try words.